Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Patch Day (Basic)


Sit with me, dad!
Originally uploaded by mic_ty
Our toddler had a pumpkin patch day at school. We had less than a minute to take a photo of him as kids took turns on this set.

The ambient light was not bad - it was open shade. I considered taking the photo with just ambient light but opted to use the 25" Creative Light shoot-through umbrella that I brought with me. I used an SB-800 on wireless TTL mode and covered the popup commander flash with an SG-3IR panel to avoid any harsh shadows from the popup flash.  I underexposed the ambient by a stop, and allowed TTL to expose normally.

As for the lens choice, I wanted to use the Sigma 50-150 but there wasn't much space in the small area for this shot, so I used the Tamron 17-50 VC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will be published as soon as we get a chance to review it, sorry for that, but we get lots of spam with malicious links.