Friday, September 28, 2012

Sudden slow motion effect using a Nikon D600

Many cameras offer video at a 60fps frame rate, which I find very useful for smooth slow motion.  Here is a sample shot with the Nikon D600 (shot at 720p, 60fps).



After shooting the video, I edited it in Photoshop CS6.  I split the video at the point where I wanted the slow motion to start, then split that second half again at the point where I wanted slow motion to end.  Then I right-clicked on the middle slow-mo segment to change the playback speed.  (I also had to adjust the ends of the middle and last segments to provide a smooth transition from slow-mo to normal speed.)

Although the video segments now have different frame rates, I didn't have to change their individual frame rates to make them consistent.  I just rendered the entire video to a specified frame rate, making the frame rate consistent throughout the video.

RELATED POSTS:
Nikon D600 Hands-On Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will be published as soon as we get a chance to review it, sorry for that, but we get lots of spam with malicious links.