Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Upcoming Posts

Here are some of the posts I will be working on this week and the next.

  • MACRO LENS: I will be joining a group in trying to get photos of the El Segundo Blue Butterfly tomorrow.  I've tried shooting the elusive Blue Butterfly before but only with the Lumix LX-5.  For this occasion, I decided to rent a macro lens, Nikon's longest one (because the butterfly is easily spooked) -- the Nikkor 200 f/4 Micro AF-D.
  • ULTRAWIDE COMPARISON: Tokina 11-16 vs. Sigma 10-20 f/3.5.  I've had the Tokina for a while but wanted a longer focal length for versatility.  How well does the Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 compare to the Tokina?
  • SIGMA USB DOCK.  Finally arrived.  I will be testing it with the Sigma 35 1.4 to see if the USB dock and customization software can result in a real world improvement of the Sigma 35 1.4's autofocus accuracy.
  • NIKON D600 - long term review.  I wanted to post my thoughts on it after having used it for a while now (since launch day).
  • ACCESSORIES - a compact bag that can carry two cameras.

5 comments:

  1. pls post D600 review first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward with the D600 review. Coming from D7000, I finally decided to go FX and got me the D600. Now I'm at a lost with what to do with my UWA, i still have the Tokina 11-16 though but thinking of getting 16-35 f/4 from Nikon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mic, yes please post D600 and if you are still having dust issues and if it did go away overtime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see wide angle comparison and especially the sigma dock. I have a strange compulsion to get the sigma 35mm even though I don't really need it. I'm hoping a good used one will turn up and that the dock might solve any af issues a previous owner wasn't happy about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guys thanks for the feedback. It helps me prioritize the posts. Thanks again!

    Best regards,
    Mic

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. It will be published as soon as we get a chance to review it, sorry for that, but we get lots of spam with malicious links.