Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Fuji X100S Larmor by GGS LCD screen protector - review


I get a GGS LCD protector for almost all my cameras and in fact, it has saved one of my cameras from damage.  So I ordered a GGS protector for the X100S.  This one appears to have been designed specifically for the X100S based on the label (see the top right corner) and indeed the protector is almost the exact same size as the X100S' LCD screen.


Installing the protector was simple.  However, I had to struggle to squeeze out the last air bubbles.  In the end, I was able to attach it without any bubbles.

The problem with this LCD protector is that it has a thin black border, whereas the X100S' LCD display is edge-to-edge.  The border therefore blocks a noticeable part of the screen:


In the shot above, you can see part of the display showing through on the right side.

In retrospect, I should have gotten the larger GGS protector that can attach around the camera frame that surrounds the LCD screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will be published as soon as we get a chance to review it, sorry for that, but we get lots of spam with malicious links.