Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Upcoming Posts

Here are some of the posts I will be working on this week and the next.

  • MACRO LENS: I will be joining a group in trying to get photos of the El Segundo Blue Butterfly tomorrow.  I've tried shooting the elusive Blue Butterfly before but only with the Lumix LX-5.  For this occasion, I decided to rent a macro lens, Nikon's longest one (because the butterfly is easily spooked) -- the Nikkor 200 f/4 Micro AF-D.
  • ULTRAWIDE COMPARISON: Tokina 11-16 vs. Sigma 10-20 f/3.5.  I've had the Tokina for a while but wanted a longer focal length for versatility.  How well does the Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 compare to the Tokina?
  • SIGMA USB DOCK.  Finally arrived.  I will be testing it with the Sigma 35 1.4 to see if the USB dock and customization software can result in a real world improvement of the Sigma 35 1.4's autofocus accuracy.
  • NIKON D600 - long term review.  I wanted to post my thoughts on it after having used it for a while now (since launch day).
  • ACCESSORIES - a compact bag that can carry two cameras.