Monday, June 24, 2013

Hidden Beauty

D600-2793-201306190838.jpg
Nikon D600 + Nikon 85 1.8G

I had passed by this shrub many times, at varying times of the day.  (An azalea? Not sure - the leaves seem too broad.)  Anyway, usually, it is shaded under the tree or shaded by the house to which it belongs.  At other times, the sunlight from opposite the house shines on the bush directly.  It looked ordinary.  Then, one morning, as I passed by it for the nth time, I caught something glowing at the corner of my eye.  It was the same shrub I had seen before.  But now the sun was just at the right angle to shine past the eaves of the house and the canopy of the tree, to backlight the shrub against the shadow of the house, making it glow with beauty. I turned around the block and stopped to park and take a picture.

RELATED POSTS:

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice when these kinds of shots present themselves? You had the eye for it, saw it, and captured it nicely. Good one! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful find. So often we miss these ordinary but beautiful scenes around us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Rajbir. Personally, I find it sad that I more easily spot defects and problems than the beauty all around us.

      Best regards,
      Mic

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. It will be published as soon as we get a chance to review it, sorry for that, but we get lots of spam with malicious links.