Monday, March 11, 2013

Sigma 35 1.4 Preview

I was let down with the autofocus of the Nikon 28 1.8G (see this post) but I found its combination of shallow depth of field and wide-ish focal length useful.  In search of an alternative to the 28 1.8G, I ordered the Sigma 35 1.4, which made headlines with its class-leading sharpness.  I got it late last week and I thought I would be able to test it in real world conditions at Disneyland or California Adventure but when we got there on Sunday, it was packed.  I had never seen lines like this in the last 5 years!

Sigma 35 1.4 @ f/2.0.
This was the line just for the security checkup -- the lines to get in the gate of both parks were much longer.
We figured even if we got in the park, the lines for any of the attractions would be too long, so we decided to go home.  I guess my review for the Sigma 35 1.4 will have to wait.  In the meantime, here are a few shots that I got from it.




BTW these were at f/1.4.