Friday, September 14, 2012

UHS-1 SD Cards for your Nikon D600

I ordered two Transcend 32GB UHS-1 SD cards from Amazon (currently $29.99).  I think it has the best value right now.  It has a speed of 85/45mb read/write.  I have used Transcend CF Cards (the gold one with 600x speed) for the last 6 months on the Fuji S5 and Nikon D3, and they seem fine.

By comparison, there is a Sandisk Extreme 32GB UHS-1 (currently $32.05) but the speed is only 45mb.  At the high end, there is the Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB UHS-1 with 95mbps but it's currently $68.66 each.

I intend to set the D600's slot 2 as backup (not overflow or for JPEGs).  I don't want to lose photos (which has happened to me before - once is enough).

1 comment:

  1. That's an amazing deal, I didn't know they made such fast SD cards (other than Nikon's D4 SDXC), and I thought my Transcend Class 10 SDHC was the beans.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. It will be published as soon as we get a chance to review it, sorry for that, but we get lots of spam with malicious links.