Saturday, May 26, 2012

Chocolate Fondant

 

There's this restaurant in Maadi (one of the nice places in Cairo) that has a very famous dessert, they call it "Chocolate Fondant". People go there just for this dessert, I went with my family last weekend, and we had a very swell time.

 

 

This is how it looks like, it is normally served with one scoop of vanilla ice cream, but this time I ordered an extra one. See that sponge cake in the middle? Don't let it fool you, once you dig the spoon inside, delicious molten chocolate gushes out of this cake, the dark hot taste of chocolate with the cold vanilla ice cream is just exotic.

 

The place is elegentaly and simply decorated from inside and they service is very good, I would recommend it to anyone to go and try this dish.

 

 

I was armed with my 5D Mark II and the excellent 50mm f/1.4 lens, lighting was tungsten spotlights from above, and I like the warm white balance used.



 

And this is how much I enjoyed the dessert, no traces to be found. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will be published as soon as we get a chance to review it, sorry for that, but we get lots of spam with malicious links.