- A full-frame DSLR. Like my co-author MShafik, I've finally made the leap to full-frame. Did I get a D700, which has significantly declined in price after the announcement of the D800? Did I switch to Canon, which has long had more affordable full-frame models?
- A unique DSLR that shoots more like a camera with negative film than any other DSLR.
- An ultrawide zoom. After a standard zoom and a telephoto zoom, a wide angle zoom is usually at or near the top of an event shooter's list. Which one did I choose and how does it perform?
- A more affordable alternative to a top-tier full-frame lens that doesn't compromise much.
- An unusual standard zoom that may be the perfect complement to a crop-sensor second body.
I just got these gear in the last few days. It will take a few weeks to review them based on a real world shooting experience. Meanwhile, here's a teaser: (One of the bodies is not shown in the shot below.)