Thursday, January 12, 2012

Traveling Light

I'm going to be on vacation for a couple of weeks to visit friends and family.  I don't expect to go to any exotic places so I decided to bring just minimal equipment.  Here are what I'm bringing:

  • Lumix LX5.  In this case, I'm betting that it will be an adequate camera to cover the wide to standard focal length.  This allows me to leave behind my Tamron 17-50 VC, while still having two cameras, and a compact when the situation doesn't warrant a DSLR.  Furthermore, I can take videos.
  • Nikon D70.  It will be kind of sunny where I'm going, so the sync speed would be useful.  I also like the extra long battery life.  Plus if it gets damaged or lost while I'm traveling, it's not a big deal.  The D300 will get some rest. :)
  • Sigma 50-150.  To cover the telephoto.  Complements the focal length range of the LX5.
  • one SB-800.
  • Lastolite Brolly Grip + Lastolite Trifold Umbrella.  I really like the results I get from this compact lighting combo.
  • Nikon SC-29 TTL cable.  Makes the Brolly Grip combo much easier to use.
  • charger for the LX5 and D70.
The whole kit fits into a fairly small camera bag, the Lowepro Nova 3 AW (the umbrella is under the top cover).  Pardon the nasty shots.  We're hurriedly getting ready for our trip so I only used my iPhone.
The Trifold umbrella peeks out from under the top flap cover.

See y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will be published as soon as we get a chance to review it, sorry for that, but we get lots of spam with malicious links.