Friday, February 15, 2013

Preordering Nikon D7100

I'm excited to hear more news about the D7100.  NikonRumors reports that Nikon has a press conference next week for several countries (see NR post here).  I am not completely surprised that Nikon is moving fast, because it reported a decrease in expected earnings and its stock took a serious beating (down ~20% in one day).
I'm also excited to read that Nikon will be focusing on DX.  If what NR says is true about new DX lenses, then just maybe Nikon might produce a stabilized 50-135 2.8 DX lens (70-200 equivalent)  in a compact size.  That would be my dream lens.  (Or at least one dream lens.)  Yes Sigma does have the 50-150 2.8 OS but it's the same size as a 70-200, so I don't think it's practical for me.  And the Nikon 70-200 f/4 is only a little shorter than a 70-200 and it's one stop slower.  That's why I've kept my Sigma 50-150 non-OS.  But I digress....
Getting back to the topic, I tried to preorder the D7100 through the same store where I preordered and ultimately bought my D600, Bel-Air Camera.  There's good news and bad news.  The good news is that they are indeed accepting preorders for the D7100 / D400.  That's an improvement from the time I preordered the D600 where I had to talk to different people and cajole someone into accepting a preorder for the D600.  Some reader even called their store after I placed a preorder and the sales rep called me a liar for claiming that I preordered the D600.  No such hassle this time.
The bad news is that they will only take preorders at their store -- no phone orders.  Not even if I'm an existing customer.  It's a security measure to prevent credit card fraud.  Sigh.  Well, I guess I will be trekking to their store.
RELATED POSTS:
D7100 Specs Predictions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will be published as soon as we get a chance to review it, sorry for that, but we get lots of spam with malicious links.