Sunday, January 2, 2011

Brushing the Sky


I just want to share a shot that I liked.  I didn't use any special techniques for this shot.  The only thing needed for this shot was some patience.

I wanted to take a shot of a building with cirrocumulus clouds as a backdrop.  In our area, cirrocumulus clouds are not very common and I knew I would have to wait so I brought my camera with me everyday.  After a few weeks of waiting without results, I thought about just getting it over with and taking the shot with any other kind of sky but instead I decided to wait further.  On a handful of occasions, there were cirrocumulus clouds but they weren't in the right area.  Finally, after 4 months, one morning we did get the clouds I wanted all over the sky.  I didn't have a tripod with me, but the sky was bright enough that I could get a shutter speed of 1/1250 even at f/8 and 200 ISO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It will be published as soon as we get a chance to review it, sorry for that, but we get lots of spam with malicious links.